Mom Shares This Photo Because It’s A Waring To Other Parents Of Deadly Mistake In Plain Sight

Mom Shares This Photo Because It’s A Waring To Other Parents Of Deadly Mistake In Plain Sight

Doug

Car seats are made specifically to keep infants safe in a car. these car seats come with a lot of safety instructions all aimed at keeping a baby safe while in it. But one Scottish mother recently discovered that the car seat companies might be leaving out an important piece of instruction and is trying to warn other moms like her about it because it can be potentially dangerous for their baby.

Kristi Clark got to know about this important piece information under rather unpleasant circumstances. She almost lost her newborn baby as a result of oxygen deprivation caused by sitting in the car for two hours.

Kristi and Christopher were on the road and had their 3-weeks old baby Harper, with them. The couple ensures that they took their baby with them out of the car whenever they stopped during the trip. But unfortunately, they got stuck in the traffic which made them spend more time on the road than usual.

Soon they arrived home but when Kristi took her baby out of her seat, she discovered something was terribly wrong.

“When we got home it was way past Malena’s bedtime so brought Harper in her car seat and she stayed in there for 15 minutes as we got Malena into bed,” Kirsti recalled “My husband got Harper out and put her on his knee but she looked like she couldn’t get comfy so he laid her down on her mat and she was kicking about. I told him her lips looked blue and then he pointed out how red her cheeks were.” She told Daily Record.

They could tell that something wasn’t right. The young parents were thrown into a frenzied panic as they tried to save their baby.

“It was so scary. My husband was holding her and patting her back and I was trying to get her mouth open to make sure she didn’t swallow her tongue but her jaw was clenched shut,” Kirsti recalled. “It wasn’t like a normal seizure, she was arching her back and throwing her head back.”

They immediately got into the car and began what Kristi described as a horrendous journey to the hospital.

“The car journey was horrendous. I was trying to make sure she was breathing but I was shaking so much I couldn’t tell. My husband kept asking if she was breathing and I just had to say ‘I don’t know,’” she recalls.

One can imagine the couple’s horror as they found their way to the hospital with their precious little girl gradually slipping off their hands.

“She kept closing her eyes and I was trying to keep her awake but then they would glaze over. My wee girl was so panicked as well. The whole way there all I could think was ‘we are going to lose her’. I can’t even talk about it without getting upset.”

Finally, they arrived at the hospital and luckily it wasn’t too late for the hospital staff to resuscitate the baby again. fortunately, all was well and their little baby would recover. Kristi was eager to learn the cause of her daughter’s frightening episode and was quite shocked when she got to know about it.

The little girl had suffered from oxygen deprivation after spending two hours in the car seat. Doctors said the sudden increase in oxygen when she was taken out and laid down must have shocked her body and triggered a seizure. She was shocked to learn that spending more than an hour in the car can potentially cause oxygen deprivation.
But what was even more shocking being the fact that very few parents knew this fact.

“When the consultant told us it was the car seat I couldn’t believe it. I thought ‘there’s no way’. I couldn’t understand why nobody had ever told us. We had obviously heard about not keeping babies in car seats overnight because it causes curvature of the spine but not about anything like this,” she said.

Thank God baby Harper is okay, and we can also say a big thank you to Kristi for sharing this important piece of information with us all.

JumbleJoy

Recommended Joy